The title of degrees issued by BSTU includes a religious modifier that immediately proceeds, or is included within, any of the following degrees to comply with the Florida Department of Education, Commission for Independent Education Section 1005.06 (1) (f): Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Master of Arts, Master of Science, Doctor of Philosophy, and Doctor of Education.
Ethereal Bachelor of Science in Grief Counseling and Bereavement Education
The objective of the Grief Counseling program is to prepare you for a career in the counseling field. Being a good listener is paramount to being a good counseling. You have to listen, empathize, and identify with your patients. Once you have learned this you will be able to address specific problems and help your patients move on and deal with their emotional grieving. With our concentrations you can further specialize your education and increase your counseling knowledge in an area that best suits your educational needs.
When you graduate from this program, you will be able to
- Counsel people who are grieving.
- Have a better understanding of the grieving process.
- Identify and address various issues patients face in their lives.
- Develop the counseling skills needed to help people effectively deal with their emotional concerns.
- Apply the counseling techniques learned through this program to your career as well as your everyday life.
Area of Study
- Grief Counseling and Bereavement with a Concentration in one of the following areas
- Grief Counseling
Type of Degree
Bachelor of Science
Length of Degree
4 years. Each course has a maximum timeframe of 15 weeks. You are granted 6 months to complete your capstone project.
A high school diploma or an earned GED.
Estimated Cost of Degree
|$12,000.00||Tuition costs (30 courses/$400.00 per course)|
|$2,250.00||Estimated textbooks costs|
|$14,500.00||Estimated total for the program*|
(*Please note that this is an estimated cost of your program not the actual cost)
8 General Education Requirement Courses – 32 hours
11 Core Courses – 44 hours
10 Concentration Courses – 40 hours
1 Capstone Project Course – 8 hours
Total Semester Hours – 124
Several career fields this degree will prepare you for are
Private Grief Counselor
The online curriculum offers an innovative approach to higher education. Enrollment is open and students may begin the program at any time. All courses are provided in online classrooms, with one-to-one faculty mentoring. Students also have free access to our comprehensive Study Tactics and Resources Center, with links to subject related web sites, online libraries, articles and research assistance. Our online degree curriculum includes:
- GRF 150 – Introduction to Death & Dying
- PSY 170 – Intro to Counseling Psychology
- PSY 220 – Ethics in Counseling
- PSY 290 – Counseling Theory and Practice
- PSY 280 – Case Management
- GRF 200 – Psychosocial Aspects of Death & Dying
- GRF 220 – Death & Dying I
- GRF 225 – Death & Dying II
- GRF 300 – Grief Counseling & Grief Therapy
- GRF 350 – End of Life Issues
- GRF 425 – Caring for the Dying & Bereaved
Concentration: Grief Counseling
- PSY 135 – Intro to Psychology
- PSY 150 – Child Psychology
- PSY 160 – Abnormal Psychology
- PSY 190 – Client Interviewing and Assessment
- PSY 230 – World Religions on Death and Dying
- PSY 250 – Multicultural Counseling
- PSY 260 – Crisis Intervention and Strategies
- PSY 295 – Group Counseling Issues and Strategies
- GRF 400 – Cultural Issues
- GRF 450 – Children & Grief
- GRF 490 – Grief/Bereavement Capstone
TOTAL: 124 Semester Hours
Courses in this curriculum are to be taken in sequence as above.
TUITION: $400.00 per course. Students may register and pay for one course at a time.
* Note: Cost of tuition does not include cost of textbooks.
** There is also a one time $50.00 admission processing fee.
Course Completion Times: Students are permitted 15 weeks to complete an online course. This may be extended with the permission of the instructor.
TRANSFER CREDITS: Up to 75 percent of the degree may be earned by transfer credits from other schools. For detailed information please Click here