The purpose and objective of the Master degree in Case Management is to further your career and education in the field of Nursing Case Management. Furthermore, this prepares experienced nurses with advanced theory and practice in a systematic case management approach to the delivery of health care to diverse patient populations. Case management emphasizes methods of coordination, continuity, and quality of care within a cost-sensitive view. Emphasis will be placed on critical-thinking, strong planning and decision-making techniques needed to recognize and respond to the changes in the case management field.
When you graduate from this program, you will be able to:
- Analyze the role of the nurse case management in the function of the interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate the nursing process as it relates to theories of quality improvement, patient outcomes, and development of a client plan.
- Identify patient care innovations, implementation of care, data collection of patient outcomes, and the evaluation of the outcomes for continued care or revisions of care.
- Analyze the financial and ethical aspects of patient care as related to disease management, coordination of care, and the process of identifying long-term care for vulnerable populations.
Area of Study
Type of Degree
Master of Science
Length of Degree
2-3 years. Each course has a maximum timeframe of 15 weeks. You are granted 6 months to complete your Thesis.
Bachelor degree in Health Care, Nursing, or a related field.
Estimated Cost of Degree
|$4,500.00||Tuition costs (9 course/$500.00 per course)|
|$1,100.00||Estimated textbooks costs|
|$6000.00||Estimated total for the program|
(*Please note that this is an estimated cost of your program not the actual cost)
8 Core Courses – 34 hrs
1 Thesis Course – 8 hrs
Total Semester Hours – 42
A few careers this program will prepare you for:
Nursing Case Management
The online curriculum offers an innovative approach to higher education. Enrollment is open and students may begin the program at any time. All courses are provided in online classrooms, with one-to-one faculty mentoring. Students also have free access to our comprehensive Study Tactics and Resources Center, with links to subject related web sites, online libraries, articles and research assistance. Our online degree curriculum includes:
- CSM 500 – The Case Management Process
- CSM 510 – Quality and Case Management
- CSM 600 – Managed Health Care
- CSM 650 – Utilization Management
- CSM 700 – Reimbursement Systems
- CSM 725 – Ambulatory Case Management
- CSM 750 – Clinical Practicum
- CSM 800 – Case Management Thesis
- RES 502 – Research Methods
TOTAL: 42 Semester Hours
Courses in this curriculum are to be taken in sequence as above.
TUITION: $500.00 per course. Students may register and pay for one course at a time.
* Note: cost of tuition does not include cost of text books.
** There is also a one time $50.00 admission processing fee.
Certificate Option: students have the option of first enrolling into and completing a Graduate Certificate in this degree program. All courses in the graduate certificate program will transfer into the Masters Degree Program. Following graduation with the Graduate Certificate, students may then elect to enroll in the master’s degree program and complete the remaining courses. To preview the graduate certificate program, access here.
This degree program is approved by the American Academy of Case Management. Upon completion of CSM 500, CSM 510 and CSM 600, students may apply for and receive Fellowship status in the American Academy of Case Management. (information)
Course Completion Times: Students are permitted 15 weeks to complete an online course. This may be extended with the permission of the instructor. All courses are 4 semester hours except for RES 502 (6 semester hours) and CSM 800 (8 semester hours).
TRANSFER CREDITS: For detailed information please Click here