The purpose of our Doctor of Psychology (Psy. D.) in Counseling Psychology program is to prepare you with the skills and credentials needed to achieve leadership, supervisory, training, and teaching positions in the field.
When you graduate from this program, you will be able to:
- Provide better counseling to your patients.
- Understand the complexity and diversity of human behavior.
- Develop and implement assessment and intervention strategies to assist clients in attaining a higher quality of life.
- Develop competencies to critically evaluate and contribute to research in the fields of counseling and psychology.
Area of Study
Counseling Psychology with a Concentration in one of the following:
Type of Degree
Doctorate of Psychology (Psy D.)
Length of Degree
5 years. Each course has a maximum timeframe of 15 weeks. You are granted 1 year to complete your doctoral project.
An earned Master degree in counseling psychology or a related field.
Estimated Cost of Degree
|$5,500.00||Tuition costs (11 courses/$550.00 per course)|
|$650.00||Doctoral Project Course|
|$1,500.00||Estimated textbooks costs|
|$7,600.00||Estimated total for the program*|
(*Please note that this is an estimated cost of your program not the actual cost)
6 Core Courses – 26 hrs
4-5 Concentration Course – 16-20 hrs
1 Doctoral Project – 12 hrs
Total Semester Hours – 54 to 58
Several career fields this degree will prepare you for are:
The online curriculum offers an innovative approach to higher education. Enrollment is open and students may begin the program at any time. All courses are provided in online classrooms, with on-to-one faculty mentoring. Students also have free access to our comprehensive Study Tactics and Resources Center, with links to subject related web sites, online libraries, articles and research assistance. Our online degree curriculum includes:
- PSY 800 – Ethnic and Cultural Issues in Counseling
- PSY 860 – Personality Assessment
- PSY 900 – Crisis Counseling
Students are required to select one Specialty Program Track and complete all courses for the track.
- AC 820 – Theories of Addiction
- AC 850 – Addiction Counseling Techniques & Interventions
- AC 950 – Recovery Strategies
- AC 980 – Addiction Issues & Society
- PSY 960 – Statistics
- AC 1100 – Doctoral Project
- PSY 825 – Career Development and Counseling
- PSY 840 – Life Coaching
- PSY 890 – Advanced Psychopathology
- PSY 960 – Statistics
- PSY 990 – Doctoral Project
TOTAL: 50 to 54 Semester Hours
Courses in this curriculum are to be taken in sequence as above.
TUITION: $550.00 per course ($650.00 per Doctoral Project course). Students may register and pay for one course at a time.
** There is also a one time $50.00 admission processing fee.
*** Students may register and pay for one course at a time.
Course Completion Times: Students are permitted 15 weeks to complete an online course. This may be extended with the permission of the instructor.
Transfer Credits: For detailed information please Click here