The purpose of our Master of Science in Grief Counseling is to further enhance your counseling skills and techniques in the Grief Counseling field. This degree will start from the foundational skill set you learned from your undergraduate program and advance your education. Once you graduated from this program, you will be able to better serve your clients’ needs through a refreshing of old techniques and the implementation of new ones.
When you graduate from this program, you will be able to:
- Improve your counseling techniques
- Further your education in Grief Counseling and bereavement
- Better counsel your patients on their emotional needs
Area of Study
Type of Degree
Ethereal Master in Greif
Length of Degree
2-3 years. Each course has a maximum timeframe of 15 weeks. You are granted 6 months to complete your Thesis.
Bachelor degree in grief counseling, counseling psychology, bereavement education, thanatology, pastoral ministry, nursing, social work, or a closely related field
Estimated Cost of Degree
|$5,000.00||Tuition costs (10 courses/$500.00 per course)|
|$1,100.00||Estimated textbooks costs|
|$6,350.00||Estimated total for the program|
(*Please note that this is an estimated cost of your program not the actual cost)
Semester Hours: 48
Several career fields this degree will prepare you for are:
Private Grief Counselor
The online curriculum offers an innovative approach to higher education. Enrollment is open and students may begin the program at any time. All courses are provided in online classrooms, with one-to-one faculty mentoring. Students also have free access to our comprehensive Study Tactics and Resources Center, with links to subject related web sites, online libraries, articles and research assistance. Our online degree curriculum includes:
Ethereal Masters Degree Program in Grief Counseling
- GRM 500: Psychotherapy Overview: Theory and Practice I
- GRM 525: Psychotherapy Overview: Theory and Practice II
- GRM 550: Grief Counseling
- GRM 575: Ethical Issues in Grief Counseling
- GRM 625: Treatment Planning in Grief Counseling
- GRM 650: Understanding and Treating Complicated Grief
- GRM 700: Multicultural Aspects of Grief Counseling
- GRM 725: Counseling with Families
- GRM 750: Grief Counseling with Children
- GRM 775–Grief Counseling with Adults
TOTAL: 48 Semester Hours
Courses in this curriculum are to be taken in sequence as above.
TUITION: $500.00 per course. Students may register and pay for one course at a time.
* Note: Cost of tuition does not include cost of textbooks.
** There is also a one time $50.00 admission processing fee.
The Ethereal Masters Degree in Grief Counseling has been approved by the American Academy of Grief Counseling. Students who complete the MS Degree Program are eligible to apply for certification as a Grief Counselor, through the Academy.
Course Completion Times: Students are permitted 15 weeks to complete an online course.
TRANSFER CREDITS: For detailed information please Click here