The Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree prepares you to learn research, policy, and practice in education. This program prepares you for roles as university faculty members, academic policy makers, senior-level educational leaders, and educational researchers. Our concentrations give you the freedom to pursue and design your own highly individualized course of study based on your educational goals and interests.
When you graduate from this program, you will be able to:
- Design detailed educational curriculums.
- Analyze education trends and stay up to date with educational curriculums.
- Positively impact the lives and educations of all students under your guidance.
Area of Study
Education with a concentration in one of the following:
Type of Degree
Length of Degree
3-5 years. Each course has a maximum timeframe of 15 weeks. You are granted 1 year to complete your doctoral project.
An earned Master degree in Education or a related field.
Estimated Cost of Degree
$7,150.00 Tuition costs (13 course/$550.00 per course)
$650.00 Doctoral Project Course
$50.00 Enrollment fee
$200.00 Graduation fee
$1,400.00 Estimated textbooks costs
$9,450.00 Estimated total for the program*
(*Please note that this is an estimated cost of your program not the actual cost)
9 Core Courses – 38 hrs
4 Concentration Courses – 16 hours
1 Doctoral Project – 12 hrs
Total Semester Hours – 66
Several career fields this degree will prepare you for are:
The online curriculum offers an innovative approach to higher education. Enrollment is open and students may begin the program at any time. All courses are provided in online classrooms, with one-to-one faculty mentoring. Students also have free access to our comprehensive Study Tactics and Resources Center, with links to subject related web sites, online libraries, articles and research assistance. Our online degree curriculum includes:
- EDU 810 – The History of American Education
- EDU 840 – International Education
- EDU 870 – Globalization & Education
- EDU 895 – Theories of Learning
- EDU 920 – Foundations of Distance Education
- EDU 973 – Educational Leadership
- EDU 979 – Education – Law and Ethics
- EDU 982 – Educational Assessment and Evaluation
- EDU 950 – Research Methods in Education
- EDU 1000 – Doctoral Project
Students are required to select a Specialty Practice Track and complete 4 courses from it.
Higher Education Track
- EDU 951 – Foundations of Adult Education
- EDU 952 – Teaching Strategies of Adult Learners
- EDU 953 – Helping Adult Learners
- EDU 955 – Foundations of Higher Education
- EDU 956 – Administration of Higher Education
- EDU 957 – Methods of College Instruction
- EDU 959 – Foundations of Educational Leadership
- EDU 960 – Organizational Leadership
- EDU 961 – Personnel Administration
- EDU 967 – Learning Theories
Special Education Track
- EDU 968 – Special Education – The Law/Ethics
- EDU 969 – Learning Theories/Special Education
- EDU 970 – Testing – Assessing & Evaluation in Special Education
- EDU 971 – Issues in Special Education
- EDU 972 – Contemporary Issues and Treatment for ADD/ADHD
Educational Administration Track
- EDU 974 – Educational Administration
- EDU 975 – Instructional Leadership
- EDU 976 – Issues in Educational Administration
- EDU 977 – The Law & Legal Aspects in Educational Administration
- EDU 980 – Principal Leadership in Education
- EDU 981 – Financial Management in School Systems
- EDU 983 – Human Resource & Personal Development
TOTAL: 66 Semester Hours
Courses in this curriculum are to be taken in sequence as above.
Start your online degree in Interior Design today!
TUITION: $550.00 per course ($650.00 per Doctoral Project course). Students may register and pay for one course at a time.
** There is also a one time $50.00 admission processing fee.
*** Students may register and pay for one course at a time.
Course Completion Times: Students are permitted 15 weeks to complete an online course. This may be extended with the permission of the instructor. All courses are 4 semester hours with the exception of EDU 950 and EDU 1000.
TRANSFER CREDITS: Up to 75 percent of the degree may be earned by transfer credits from other schools. For detailed information please Click here