The purpose of the Doctor of Nursing program is to provide you with a rigorous curriculum that will prepare you to improve the population health through your expert leadership and education in nursing that powers innovation in health care not only for your patients but for the rest of the world as well.
When you graduate from this program, you will be able to:
- Assess weaknesses in the nursing field and address them with solutions to better the health care system.
- Guide and educate other nurses.
- Provide leadership and knowledge in times when it is needed.
- Organize and manage hospital nursing staff to optimize health care for the patients.
Area of Study
Type of Degree
Length of Degree
3-5 years. Each course has a maximum timeframe of 15 weeks. You are granted 1 year to complete your doctoral project.
An earned Master degree in Nursing or a related field.
Estimated Cost of Degree
$7,700.00 Tuition costs (12 to 14 course/$550.00 per course)
$650.00 Doctoral Project Course
$50.00 Enrollment fee
$200.00 Graduation fee
$1,500.00 Estimated textbooks costs
$10,100.00 Estimated total for the program*
(*Please note that this is an estimated cost of your program not the actual cost)
9 Core Courses – 50 hrs
1 Doctoral Project – 12 hrs
Total Semester Hours – 62
Several career fields this nursing science degree will prepare you for are:
Advanced Clinical Practice
Clinical Nursing Research
The online curriculum offers an innovative approach to higher education. Enrollment is open and students may begin the program at any time. All courses are provided in online classrooms, with on-to-one faculty mentoring. Students also have free access to our comprehensive Study Tactics and Resources Center, with links to subject related web sites, online libraries, articles and research assistance. Our online degree curriculum includes:
- NRS 600 – Theories of Nursing Practice
- NRS 650 – Advanced Assessment
- HCA 725 – Health Care Law
- NRS 725 – Health Care Ethics
- NRS 800 – Natural Health Care
- PSY 975 – Research Methods
- NRS 850 – Nursing Clinical Specialty Seminar I
- NRS 900 – Nursing Clinical Specialty Seminar II
- NRS 925 – Nursing Clinical Specialty Seminar III
- NRS 950 – Doctoral Project
TOTAL:62 Semester Hours
Courses in this curriculum are to be taken in sequence as above.
Start your online degree in Interior Design today!
TUITION: $550.00 per course ($650.00 per project course). Students may register and pay for one course at a time.
* Students may submit a proposal for a nursing speciality focus not listed above.
* Note: cost of tuition does not include cost of text books.
** There is also a one time $50.00 admission processing fee.
Course Completion Times:Students are permitted 15 weeks to complete an online course. This may be extended with the permission of the instructor.
Prerequisites: an earned Masters Degree in Nursing ,Community Health, Public Health, or related discipline. Candidates for admission must hold a current registered nurse liscense.
TRANSFER CREDITS: For detailed information please Click here