The title of degrees issued by BSTU includes a religious modifier that immediately proceeds, or is included within, any of the following degrees to comply with the Florida Department of Education, Commission for Independent Education Section 1005.06 (1) (f): Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Master of Arts, Master of Science, Doctor of Philosophy, and Doctor of Education.
The objective of the Bachelor of Science in Early Child Care is to provide you with the skill set needed to succeed and advance in the child care field. The education you receive through this program will help you secure a position in child care.
When you graduate from this program, you will be able to
- Create environments conductive to proper child development
- Develop effective assessment strategies in a responsible way to positively influence children’s development and learning by designing, implementing, and evaluating meaningful curriculum.
- Develop respectful, reciprocal relationships with families and involve families in their children’s learning.
- Meet specific needs of children by nurturing their physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development.
Area of Study
Early Child Care
Type of Degree
Bachelor of Science
Length of Degree
4 years. Each course has a maximum timeframe of 15 weeks. You are granted 6 months to complete your capstone project.
A high school diploma or an earned GED.
Estimated Cost of Degree
|$12,000.00||Tuition costs (30 courses/$400.00 per course)|
|$2,250.00||Estimated textbooks costs|
|$14,500.00||Estimated total for the program*|
(*Please note that this is an estimated cost of your program not the actual cost)
8 General Education Requirement – 32 semester hours
11 Core courses – 44 semester hours
10 Concentration courses – 40 semester hours
1 Capstone project course – 8 semester hours
Total Semester Hours – 124
Several career fields this degree will prepare you for are:
Head Start Programs
Day Care Centers
Social Agency programs
The online curriculum offers an innovative approach to higher education. Enrollment is open and students may begin the program at any time. All courses are provided in online classrooms, with one-to-one faculty mentoring. Students also have free access to our comprehensive Study Tactics and Resources Center, with links to subject related web sites, online libraries, articles and research assistance. Our online degree curriculum includes:
- MNG 130 – Principles of Business Management
- BUS 150 – Marketing
- BUS 200 – Business Law
- ACT 210 – Principles of Accounting
- PSY 250 – Multicultural Counseling
- BUS 270 – Project Management
- BUS 280 – Professional Ethics
- PSY 290 – Counseling Theory and Practice
- HRM 310 – Employment Law
- BUS 313 – Human Resource Management
- HRM – 420 Health & Safety in the Workplace
- PSY 150 – Child Psychology
- EDU 300 – Early Childhood Education
- EDU 310 – Human Growth and Development
- EDU 320 – Health and Nutrition of the Young Child
- HEA 310 – Community First Aid and Safety
- EDU 340 – Curriculum Development
- SOC 370 – Social Issues and Family Development
- EDU 400 – Children with Special Needs
- SOC 420 – Services/Child Welfare
- EDU 470 – Administration of Child Care Programs
- EDU 490 – Capstone Project for Early Childhood Care
TOTAL: 124 Semester Hours
Courses in this curriculum are to be taken in sequence as above.
TUITION: $400.00 per course. Students may register and pay for one course at a time.
* Note: Cost of tuition does not include cost of textbooks.
** There is also a one time $50.00 admission processing fee.
*** To graduate students must have current CPR cards on file at BSU.
Course Completion Times: Students are permitted 15 weeks to complete an online course. This may be extended with the permission of the instructor.
TRANSFER CREDITS: Up to 75 percent of the degree may be earned by transfer credits from other schools. For detailed information please Click here