The objective of our Doctor of Psychology in Grief Counseling is to further your education in the grief and bereavement field. Attaining this prestigious level of education will no doubt allow you to counsel your patients with confidence but also educate those eager to learn how to counsel as well.
When you graduate from this program, you will be able to:
- Understand the various aspects of grief counseling and bereavement
- Identify the stages of grieving and how to address and resolve the issues related to it.
- Work with survivors of traumatic events.
- Help assuage the emotional pain of those in grieving.
Area of Study:
Type of Degree:
Doctor of Psychology (Psy. D.)
Length of Degree:
An earned Master degree in Grief Counseling or a related field.
Estimated Cost of Degree:
$3,500.00 Tuition costs
The online curriculum offers an innovative approach to higher education. Enrollment is open and students may begin the program at any time. All courses are provided in online classrooms, with one-to-one faculty mentoring. Students also have free access to our comprehensive Study Tactics and Resources Center, with links to subject related web sites, online libraries, articles and research assistance. Our online degree curriculum includes:
CORE COURSES: Students must complete all core courses before moving onto electives
- GRD 1101: Psychotherapy overview: Theory and Practice I
- GRD 1102: Psychotherapy overview: Theory and Practice II
- GRD 1103: Grief Counseling
- GRD 1104: Understanding and Treating Complicated Grief
- GRD 1105: Research Methods
ELECTIVES: Students must select and complete 5 out of 9 electives
- GRD 1201: Ethical Issues in Psychotherapy
- GRD 1202: Grief in Childhood: Fundamentals of Treatment
- GRD 1203: Cultural issues in Death, Dying and Grief work
- GRD 1204: Loss, Trauma and Resilience
- GRD 1205: Therapy with the Terminally Ill Client
- GRD 1206: Creative and Alternative Grief Counseling Techniques
- GRD 1207: Advanced Seminar in Complicated Grief: Understanding the Psychology of Trauma
- GRD 1208: Introduction to Group Therapy I
- GRD 1209: Introduction to Group Therapy II
DOCTORAL THESIS: required for degree completion
Course Completion Times:1 year
TRANSFER CREDITS: For detailed information please Click here
How to Enroll :
Online Degree Programs
- You must first make an application for the degree program. Once your application is received, you will receive via e-mail a “Welcome Letter” with full instructions for registering for a course or courses and entering an online degree or certificate program. Your welcome letter will provide full information regarding any needed submissions of transcripts, etc.
- You may now register for the first course in your curriculum. Please refer to your degree curriculum for your first course and click on the link to the degree program you are officially enrolling in. Be sure to type in the course and course number that you are registering for into the registration form.
- You may now make a payment for your course. We offer a secure online credit card server and accept all major credit cards.
- There is no charge and no obligation when completing and submitting an application.
For All Programs and Courses
Once we have received a tuition payment, your enrollment will be immediately processed. You will receive from us an E-mail titled ” New Student Notification” detailing your course or program, your instructor, instructor contact information, and full instructions for accessing your online classroom. You may begin your course or degree program immediately. We have open enrollment and you may start at any time.