The purpose of the Master of Science in Nursing degree program is to meet the needs of experienced nursing professionals who wish to expand their careers by furthering their education. This program lets you build on your expertise and experience and skills to take your career to a higher level. Our program challenges you to use your professional experience with new skills so you can take on advanced, critical roles in providing nursing care to patients and educating others in your field.
When you graduate from this program, you will be able to
- Integrate advanced knowledge and theories from nursing and related disciplines into a specialized area of advanced nursing practice.
- Demonstrate competence in advanced nursing roles to meet current and emerging health needs of a global changing society.
- Use scientific inquiry to identify problems and individualize patient care designed to improve care outcomes.
- Apply advanced knowledge of leadership and management to influence health policy to transform care delivery systems.
- Contribute to the focus and direction of the nursing profession.
Area of Study
Type of Degree
Master of Science
Length of Degree
2-3 years. Each course has a maximum timeframe of 15 weeks. You are granted 6 months to complete your Thesis.
An earned bachelor degree in nursing, healthcare or a closely related field. You must also be a currently registered nurse (RN).
Estimated Cost of Degree
|$5,500.00||Tuition costs (11 courses/$500.00 per course)|
|$1,100.00||Estimated textbooks costs|
|$6,850.00||Estimated total for the program*|
(*Please note that this is an estimated cost of your program not the actual cost)
7 Core Courses – 30 hrs
3 Specialty Concentration Courses – 12 hrs
1 Thesis Course – 8 hrs
Total Semester Hours – 50
Several career fields this degree will prepare you for are
- Nurse Specialist
- Nurse Manager/Administrator
- Nurse Educator
The online curriculum offers an innovative approach to higher education. Enrollment is open and students may begin the program at any time. All courses are provided in online classrooms, with one-to-one faculty mentoring. Students also have free access to our comprehensive Study Tactics and Resources Center, with links to subject related websites, online libraries, articles and research assistance. Our online degree curriculum includes
- NRS 500 – Concepts & Roles- Advance Practice Nursing
- NRS 501 – Theoretical Concepts in Nursing Practice
- NRS 502 – Legal & Ethical Issues in Nursing Practice
- NRS 503 – Nursing Assessment Across the Life Span
- NRS 504 – Alternative Care Therapies
- NRS 505 – Spirituality in Nursing Practice
- NRS 506 – Nursing Research
Nursing Students are required to select a Speciality Practice Track and complete all courses for the track.
Case Management Track
- NRS 515 – Case Management Process I
- NRS 516 – Case Management Process II
- NRS – 517 Managed Care
- NRS 518 – Thesis
Nursing Administration Track
- NRS 519 – Nursing Leadership and Management
- NRS 520 – Quality and Performance Improvement in Healthcare
- NRS 521 – Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Health Care
- NRS 522 – Thesis
Legal Nurse Consulting Track
- NRS 523 – Legal Nurse Consulting Process & Practice I
- NRS 524 – Legal Nurse Consulting Process & Practice II
- NRS 525 – Health Care Malpractice Case Process
- NRS 526 – Thesis
Courses in this curriculum are to be taken in sequence as above.
TUITION =$500.00 per course.
Students may register and pay for one course at a time.
* Note: Cost of tuition does not include cost of texbooks.
** There is also a one time $50.00 admission processing fee.
Course Completion Times: Students are permitted 15 weeks to complete an online course. This may be extended with the permission of the instructor.
Prerequisites: an earned Bachelors Degree in Nursing, Community Health, Public Health, or a related discipline. Candidates for admission must hold a current registered nurse license.
Note: this degree program is not approved or accredited by the National League of Nursing (NLN).
TRANSFER CREDITS: For detailed information please Click here