The objective of our Doctor of Psychology in Grief Counseling is to further your education in the grief and bereavement field. Attaining this prestigious level of education with no doubt allow you to counsel your patients with confidence but also educate those eager to learn how to counsel as well.
When you graduate from this program, you will be able to:
- Understand the various aspects of grief counseling and bereavement
- Identify the stages of grieving and how to address and resolve the issues related to it.
- Work with survivors of traumatic events.
- Help assuage the emotional pain of those in grieving.
Area of Study
Type of Degree
Length of Degree
3-5 years. Each course has a maximum timeframe of 15 weeks. You are granted 1 year to complete your doctoral project.
An earned Master’s Degree in Grief Counseling or a related field.
Estimated Cost of Degree
$6050.00 Tuition costs (11 courses/$550.00 per course)
$650.00 Doctoral Project Course
$50.00 Enrollment fee
$200.00 Graduation fee
$1,300.00 Estimated textbooks costs
$8,250.00 Estimated total for the program *
(*Please note that this is an estimated cost of your program not the actual cost)
Several career fields this degree will prepare you for are:
The online curriculum offers an innovative approach to higher education. Enrollment is open and students may begin the program at any time. All courses are provided in online classrooms, with one-to-one faculty mentoring. Students also have free access to our comprehensive Study Tactics and Resources Center, with links to subject related websites, online libraries, articles and research assistance. Our online degree curriculum includes:
- GRD 1101: Psychotherapy Overview: Theory and Practice I
- GRD 1102: Psychotherapy Overview: Theory and Practice II
- GRD 1103: Grief Counseling
- GRD 1104: Ethical Issues in Grief Counseling
- GRD 1105: Treatment Planning in Grief Counseling
- GRD 1106. Understanding and Treating Complicate Grief
- GRD 1107: Grief Counseling Across the Life Span
- GRD 1108: Loss, Trauma and Resilience
- GRD 1109: Therapy with the Terminally Ill Client
- GRD 1110: Group Grief Counseling
- GRD 1111: Graduate Thesis/Project in Grief Counseling
TUITION: $550.00 per course ($650.00 per Doctoral Project course).
** There is also a one time $50.00 admission processing fee.
*** Students may register and pay for one course at a time.
Course Completion Times: Students are permitted 15 weeks to complete an online course. This may be extended with the permission of the instructor.
TRANSFER CREDITS: Up to 25 percent of the degree may be earned by transfer credits from other schools. For detailed information please Click here