The purpose of our Master of Science in Grief Counseling is to further enhance your counseling skills and techniques in the grief counseling field. This degree will start from the foundational skill set you learned from your undergraduate program and advance your education. Once graduated from this program, you will be able to better serve your clients needs through a refreshing of old techniques and the implementation of new ones.
When you graduate from this program, you will be able to:
- Improve your counseling techniques
- Further your education in grief counseling and bereavement
- Better counsel your patients on their emotional needs
Area of Study:
Type of Degree:
Master of Science
Length of Degree:
Bachelor degree in grief counseling, counseling psychology, bereavement education, thanatology, pastoral ministry, nursing, social work, or a closely related field
Cost of Degree:
$3,500.00 Tuition costs
The online curriculum offers an innovative approach to higher education. Enrollment is open and students may begin the program at any time. All courses are provided in online classrooms, with one-to-one faculty mentoring. Students also have free access to our comprehensive Study Tactics and Resources Center, with links to subject related web sites, online libraries, articles and research assistance.
Our online degree curriculum includes:
Masters Degree Program in Grief Counseling
- GRM 500: Psychotherapy Overview: Theory and Practice I
- GRM 525: Psychotherapy Overview: Theory and Practice II
- GRM 550: Grief Counseling
- GRM 575: Ethical Issues in Grief Counseling
- GRM 625: Treatment Planning in Grief Counseling
- GRM 650: Understanding and Treating Complicated Grief
- GRM 700: Multicultural Aspects of Grief Counseling
- GRM 725: Counseling with Families
- GRM 750: Grief Counseling with Children
- GRM 775--Grief Counseling with Adults
Course Completion Times:1 year
TRANSFER CREDITS: For detailed information please Click here
How to Enroll :
- Making an application.
- Submit your Transcripts .
- Registering for a course.
- Credit Card Authorization .
- Making a payment for your tuition.
Online Degree Programs
- You must first make an application for the degree program. Once your application is received, you will receive via e-mail a “Welcome Letter” with full instructions for registering for a course or courses and entering an online degree or certificate program. Your welcome letter will provide full information regarding any needed submissions of transcripts, etc.
- You may now register for the first course in your curriculum. Please refer to your degree curriculum for your first course and click on the link to the degree program you are officially enrolling in. Be sure to type in the course and course number that you are registering for into the registration form.
- You may now make a payment for your course. We offer a secure online credit card server and accept all major credit cards.
- There is no charge and no obligation when completing and submitting an application.
For All Programs and Courses
Once we have received a tuition payment, your enrollment will be immediately processed. You will receive from us an E-mail titled " New Student Notification" detailing your course or program, your instructor, instructor contact information, and full instructions for accessing your online classroom. You may begin your course or degree program immediately. We have open enrollment and you may start at any time.
The title of degrees issued by BSTU includes a religious modifier that immediately proceeds, or is included within, any of the following degrees to comply with the Florida Department of Education, Commission for Independent Education Section 1005.06 (1) (f): Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Master of Arts, Master of Science, Doctor of Philosophy, and Doctor of Education.